8 Things All Women Should Stop Worrying About, Starting Now
Women worry a lot, and sometimes for good reason. But we think there are certain things that we should stop worrying about, starting now.
1. Complicated Makeup Routine It’s totally fine to forego makeup on days you don’t have time for it, or just put on some concealer and mascara and run out the door. Other days, when you feel like it, go ahead and glam up, but it’s not a routine, it’s a fun thing you get to do when inspiration strikes.
2. Diet So many women feel like they have to be on a diet. As long as you eat healthy on a daily basis, a little cake once in a while never hurt anyone. Have a treat and burn it off with a nice walk in the park. It’s not the end of the world.
3. Weight While we’re on the topic, let’s talk about weight too. Why is weight something we worry about? It’s just a number. So many girls strive for a certain number on the scales, when in reality, if you’re happy with how you look that number is completely meaningless.
4. Guys With Commitment Issues The amount of mental stress this causes us and how much mental energy we spend worrying about this is insane. Let’s just all agree to stop right away. No more worrying about guys who can’t commit. Dump them, you don’t need them. You deserve better than this.
5. Relationship Goals If you’re lucky to be in a relationship that’s loving and respectful, don’t pressure yourself into trying to reach some weird goals like “getting married within 3 years” or “having a kid soon after the wedding” or anything like that. You’re in love and happy enjoy that. Don’t let others push you into something you don’t want or need.
6. Fake Friends It’s probably social media’s fault that we all strive to have as many friends as possible. We all now have these multiple friend groups at work, at school, in your neighborhood, at your gym, etc. And it eats away at our time. If you can’t talk to your friends honestly and frankly – they’re not real friends. It’s way better to have a small circle of true friends than a huge one of fake acquaintances.
7. Age Honey, it’s fine, we all age and it’s not the end of the world. Who you are as a person and how you treat people around you is way more important than the amount of years you’ve lived on this earth.
8. Being Messy So many girls grow up being told that you have to keep your house super neat and clean. After all, you’re a girl, what will people think? You now what? If someone judges you because your apartment seems a little cluttered, messy or there’s some dust here and there – you don’t have to invite them into your home ever again. It’s your home – your rules.