The most classic, useless dating advice of all time—which you’ve undoubtedly heard countless times from your mom, magazines, and self-help books—is to just “be yourself.” The idea here is that if you’re just super authentically
you, everything will go right! You’ll find a boyfriend, girlfriend, make-out buddy, lifetime partner… whatever it is you’re looking for.
1. Set your intention before the date.
2. Are you a fan of masturbation? Awesome!
3. If you’re someone who has lots (and lots) of confidence, consider throwing in some self-deprecating humor.
4. If you’re on the opposite end of the spectrum and struggle with building confidence, write down compliments you receive (and give yourself five while you’re at it).
5. And if you get genuinely, brain-meltingly anxious about dates, remember to use your rational brain first.
6. Present the best version of yourself physically (as well as emotionally).
7. Keep it positive—and yes, keep it light.
8. Ask a bunch of questions.